29/10/2008

...The Bosco Kids...





Ahh…twas a really nice experience!
I am referring to my visit to an NGO in Bangalore. It was a first of a kind for me. I was actually accompanying a friend of mine, but nonetheless, twas quite incredible!
We were picked up from a common place along with other volunteers for the event and taken to the NGO (somewhere near Old Madras Road). A Father Dcosta (okay, I forgot his name again, my friend’s gonna kill me for this!) takes care of the NGO, bringing up homeless kids in a fantastic fashion, leaving no stones unturned to make their life a fruitful one to live. If I say ‘These were a bunch of talented kids’, my friends, it would be a gross understatement! Some of them acted really well, some danced with panache, some played around, in short, they were a cluster of enthusiastic and highly talented kids. It was good to see many volunteers around, some of whom even performed in the small function arranged for the occasion of Deepawali. There were volunteers from MBA colleges, there were a few Media Persons, a few on their ‘internship-program’ and others were trustees/helpers. Ohhh, yeah, these kids even cooked food for us, which honestly was pretty decent. After lighting ‘Diyas’ and leaving them to enjoy further on ‘their’ festive occasion, we left the place with a mix of a touched and an amazed feeling.

I hope I can return back to the place, and teach these kids some football! Oops, I said it! Shit! :)

Apart from that, I am having a restless time in my life and I won’t say “Dunno Why?!?”, because I know why! :-(
I hope I can come out of this “certain period” as soon as possible.
I want to hold a pigeon in my hand; can somebody show me the door to ‘Certainty’ so that I can rest in peace, dead or alive?

4 comments:

Divs said...

:) thtz a nice way to celebrate diwali..

hehee.. mebbe you couldn train them in football.. n then mebbe they will play against your team :D :P n win.. :D

n if not anything.. time always leads you to a place.. now tht place maybe the one you want.. or not.. thatz a totally different issue... k i blabbered again.. sorry..

Ruchi said...

Father DCosta :P
Reminded me of those old hindi movies where every christian was names D'Costa or D'Souza :P

And BTW,about the pigeon thing.. Maybe a confrontation with reality will help??

Rize said...

thats really neat! nice warm way to celebrate diwali.
and the pigeon..hmmm..if you are waiting to do something, then do it before its too late!

TheGreatOne said...

@divs: Thanks! :)

@ruch rulz: @Confro wid reality: Yes, I did, you know it! :)

@rize: thx! :)
Hmmm...I have decided against it! I'll get a rabbit, I think! :)