16/10/2008

...Wasted it all.. A self-composed song



The audio recording of this song will be posted when the recording is done! :)
For the time being, please check out the lyrics and the chords. The strumming is pretty simple. It is something like this. DOWN-DOWN UP-UP DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP.

C D
I was afraid, I threw away the six strings!
C D
They never understood the G lik'a G would be!
C D
I sat beside a lake staring towards the 'livion.
C D
Not waiting for my signal, they rushed to me.

[ It's the same chords throughout! ]
My irritation was ignored, the flag was flown.
an ol' book was brought to me, I was asked to write.
They tied my hands, the red drops were bliss!
But I still had it in me, I put up a fight!

The guillotine was brought, he waved his hands.
The merchant rode by, showed me no compassion.
I cried my hearts out, wanted my last chance.
The princess watched cold, from her old mansion

I lied there unmoved, like a dead man ought to be
Another chapter was closed, mocked the city lad.
The eagle stooped low, t'was mighty concerned.
walked away everybody, leavin' the 'reaved n' the bad!

A
Why was I chosen to live
G
.... this life?
A
The stars were a better place
G
... to live.
A
Or is it that they gave me
G
... a chance
A
And I lost it and wasted
G
... it all...
Dm
.....wasted it all... (x4 times and voice fades away!)

PS: This is an initial stage for the song, there's certainly going to be changes in chords, lyrics and many such post-processing before I come up with the finished product. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is good :-) and the chords seems simple too... lemme try it out when i get home :-). Am not sure if i'll get the tune that u have in mind anyway :P. Record it soon in ur melodious voice ;-)

Curl Canvas said...

oooooo...nice.... :D live comments u'l get

Ruchi said...

Since i m not "into" music(read : playing/singing) i dint get the chords n stuff.. But then the lyrics are good.. :D
They never understood the G lik'a G would be!
What's that mean? I m getting ideas :D :P

Anonymous said...

@ RUCH - Pervert :P

aninnervoice said...

hey!!u never told me...:-o:-O:-O
this is why i call you 'shrewd'!:P

Rize said...

hey! this is really good.... can advice u on the chords thought coz thats my strong point! :D

TheGreatOne said...

@benly: Why r u commenting undercover? what happened to 'BigB'? :-P
And thanks! :D Chords are simple, will record it and send it to u! :)

@chip (Intel or AMD? :-S): Thanks! :) And yeah, I need proper vocals! :)

@ruch rulz: u are not into it, but u have a very sound understanding of it, as far as i believe! :)
and thanks!
No, it doesn't mean 'G' strings, just a metaphor that i designed! :)

@sromana: I played it to u thrice already, and as long as I am here, am gonna play it to u a 50 more times! beware! :P

@rize: Thanks! :) I knew chords were always your strong point! :D

Divs said...

nice.. but can't understand a thing about chords.. challenged there :P

can we get to hear it? :)

TheGreatOne said...

Thanks..and yes u'll get to hear it!

El Furibundo said...

Dude! Welcome!!

TheGreatOne said...

@el: Thanks! You are ma Guru! :)